"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ontario for a day

We have had a nice day in Ontario. Erwin and Gail took us for a drive on the 401 freeway to meet with the Canadian office of our org. It was really beneficial to share with them in depth our vision and to sit down with their mobilisation team and discuss ideas for mobilising young people to come and join us. I discover now, that I am no longer hip and with it, I am a Gen X-er and now I have to learn how to communicate with Gen-Y. But as communication is something I have always enjoyed, I think I will enjoy the prospect.


(Blackberries ripening in Erwin and Gail's backyard.)

Ontario is so crazy busy to me. Tomorrow we need to leave at 6am, but apparently the traffic is already starting at that time. I had a silly conversation on the phone with West Jet airline, when they explained to me, that even though our total baggage weight is 54kg, and we are allowed a total of 138kg, that if ANY bag goes over 23kg it will attract a fee of $40 + tax. So, this evening we repacked our bags, and pulled out the spare. Bleh, can't say I am enjoying this overly pedantic aspect of Candian culture. And I had always taken them to be so polite. :) (P.S My words may sound a little harsh over the next few weeks as I find a way to compare the cultural "norm" in my life, with the new normal.)

(Yet to ripen grapes. They'll make good grape jelly and juice.)

Thank you Gail and Erwin for hosting us in your home and driving us around.


Wow, there's even peaches in their back yard. Too bad we are early in the season.

Erwin, Abigail and Melody.

No comments: