"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Transformation- June 15th

Sunday was church day. Conservatives surely know how to make it a long event. The service ran from 11am to 2:30pm. But then people were back at 3:30pm to watch a video that I had brought, and then there was tea and fruit. People did not leave until around 8pm. It was a very long day and once again, I was exhausted.

I shared in the service. I spoke on God's heart for the nations and how he loves each culture and language uniquely and that it was God's grace at the tower of Babel to give each culture their own language. I told the Ket that God wanted to love them as Ket not as Australians, Evenki, Finns or Russians. It seems that people appreciated what I had to say. Later on we watched the Transformations video about the Inuit people in Arctic Canada. Everyone really enjoyed it and took a lot of hope from it.

River side with Yura the night before.



After the marathon 8 hour church service I just wanted to get away from people. I went for a walk, but there was company none the less.

3 comments:

Sue-Ann said...

Thank you again for such great rare photographs and detailed commentary on your time in such a remote place. It's a great amateur anthropological document - and I don't mean that in a patronising way, but just that you probably don't consider yourself and anthropologist and yet here you are doing "field work" and gaining so much experience. From what I've gleaned about anthropolgy, it's a fascinating field and raises lots of questions about the nature of observation, interaction, and translation in intercultural encounters. Maybe when you are back in Australia and have access to libraries you might explore some of this...or touch on some of these issues in your training at Kangaroo Ground?
Anyway, thanks again for sharing your experiences, it's fascinating reading.

Martin said...

That last photo in this post is simply a great photo in its own right; you should enter it in a contest. (I know that's not the point of your visit or the post, I'm just saying...)

Pasha said...

Thanks Dad. You can look through all my photos if you want and tell what is good and what is not.