I have learnt a lot in Kellog. I understand a northern people group and village better now. Yura has been wonderful here. He has been a huge encouragment to believers and a huge witness to unbelievers. This has been a big time of growth for him too. He says that he would not have been receieved like this in Baikit or Surinda. So this has been very positive discipleship for Yura.

I was very disappointed to see the reindeer project fall flat. While this is still very disappointing and disheartening for me, I can see that no one is ready, not even Gennady or Sasha. There needs to be a real Holy Spirit awakening before people will be ready.

Once again, it is not surprising that I now come away from here with many questions. In fact after 2 years in Russia, I have so many questions, I hope God will answer them all. The answers will have to come in time.

The Believers in Kellog.

The helicopter left at 1:30pm and it was farewell to Kellog. When will we return? That is completely in God's hands. To be completely honest, I was very relieved to get on to the helicopter after a couple of really tough weeks.

Farewell Elogui.

Hello Turukhansk, three and half hours later, after a very noisy helictopter trip (it's essential to wear ear plugs.) Turukhansk is a town of 6000 just south of the Arctic Circle. It is the capital of the Turukhansk District that Kellog is a part of, but 400 kms further north from Kellog.

It was such a joy to stay in a regular house (by Russian standards), with an indoor toilet and indoor plumbing. "Looogzhury" I had really hoped that we would be able to fly home to Krasnoyarsk on Tuesday, but the plane was sold out. But still I was just in raptures to be back in "civilisation." Melody said that it was really saying something if I was claiming that Turukhansk was civilisation, as we know a Russian town is still a far cry from a Russian city. For the next couple days Melody and I were really glad to have mobile phone coverage again and we spoke a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment