
(An Evenki reindeer race in Baikit. Courtesy of Yura.)
Well I am sure gonna praise God when things go well. It has been a very difficult week for us. We have been trying to pack up, all the while hoping our furniture would sell. We have been telling everyone we know and advertising as well, and up until now there have been very few responses.
Recently we have connected with some new people in Akademgorodok. We discovered a little language school and met the lady there who has started her new business. We have gotten to know her. We hope that this relationship will be valuable in the future. Friends of ours have started going along to the English club there and will continue to do so when we leave. Through this same school we met a lady who teaches Russian to foreigners. Following the end of semester I wanted to do something extra, so I have had two lessons with her already and will have the last one on Wednesday. It turns out this lady, Vera is a believer and Estonian. She is a very interesting lady with some very interesting connections.

(Yevgeniya- Dolgan and Vera- Estonian.)
This evening Vera brought around a Dolgan lady, Yevgeniya to meet us. We had a delightful evening of discussion. We even discovered that Yevgeniya knows who Yura is, so the connections are very interesting. We learned about the Association of Northern Nations, here in Krasnoyarsk. We also learned that there are over 100 Evenki people living in the right bank all in one building. This gave me a nice little idea. When we return there will surely be many things for us to do even here in Krasnoyarsk, with a student ministry and the chance to get to know these Evenki people. I think I just might take Yura down to that building with me when we get to know those people.
We think it is fun that God is connecting us with people even in the last couple weeks before we leave. I think it is his way of smiling and showing us that there is much for us to do when we return.
This got me all excited. I rang Igor, Rustam and Yura this evening to tell them all about our chance meeting.
To top it all off Yevgeniya bought our couch! She will tell others she knows about the rest of our furniture. We are hopeful that we will still sell the rest.

Yesterday had some joy in between the tension also. We enjoyed this wonderful new movie, by the makers of Finding Nemo. Wall-e was a feel good movie that I want to see again in Canada. Do yourself a favour and see it too.
2 comments:
Glad to hear the couch sold. One down more to go. But there is hope.
I bet Vera has a pretty interesting history, being Estonian in Siberia...
Post a Comment