"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Until the end of the world

"And lo, I am with you always, even until the end of the age....."
"AND THIS GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM WILL BE PREACHED IN THE WHOLE WORLD AS A TESTIMONY TO ALL NATIONS, AND THEN THE END WILL COME.
These are the words of our King. He loves all the nations of the world, and will not return until all have heard, and I contend until all have responded. (Controversial enough for you?! I'm glad. :) ) He loves all the nations of Siberia, far more than I ever could or ever will. Yet after two years living in Siberia, relating to a number of students in the city and visiting various indigenous locations, my love for Siberian people has deepened considerably.

There is a season and purpose for everything.



We spent the evening with our team. We thank God for the chance to work with them, and hope we will have such a chance in the future. Our team will probably look very different when we get back with various people moving to different parts of Siberia, but continuing the work none the less.

(Pictured: Me, Igor, Tim, Aleksei, Rustam; Abigail, Melody, Lena, Katya, Lena, Ilias; Absent: Iris and boys.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember too, that He is with you always - wherever you go, and goes ahead of you.

I was probably about Abigail's age when I left Talyoak the first time, which was considerably smaller then than when Meloday visited with her grandma as the Inuit were still nomadic then. Up until then I had only seen a few small airplanes. No cars, trains, ships . . .I don't remember that year away from home and seeing relatives and supporters on the West coast of Canada, the USA and in the UK (I had my 4th birthday in Wales), but Mom said that as long as my Dad got onto whatever the new form of transport was first, then I would happily follow.
It is a reminder to me that both Abigail and yourselves have a Daddy that is going ahead of you and will make your home assignment a special time, and then will go ahead of you back to Siberia when the time comes too. :)

Aunty Heather