"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, August 06, 2011

The tragedy of alcoholism

I find it depressing when ever I meet a tragically alcoholic person. Coming to Baikit, I allow myself to be filled with hope that the gospel could penetrate this community. Every time I meet a person, I think, "this could go somewhere, this person may discover and know that God loves them." I have hope. But sadly when ever I meet a person who is really drunk and it is hard to understand them, their depression becomes a massive burden that rubs off on me. Now of course, love in me starts to show them compassion, but after a while it gets harder, especially when such a person begins to hurl insults my way.

Why is alcoholism soooo depressing?

1 comment:

Lisette said...

this is something I too strongly feel. :(