I think we dodged the legalistic pentecostal bullet today. Yura and Alona have decided to make this their home church. I don't know how often they go though, they have not while we have been here.
They were a little surprised when we said we had invited people to come at 12 on Sunday, but then they had not told us they would go to church either. I was quite happy to dodge the bullet. I think inviting people over to tell them stories about Jesus is the best excuse in the world for not going to the temple.
Misha did not turn up. He has no phone. I hope we see him again this week before we leave. Artem (Art-yom) came about 1. After some lunch we talked about many things, including bears and Australian football.
We shared a story with Artem and discussed much including his disillusionment with the orthodox church and their idolatry (his words). In my mind the Spirit of God has been moving on his life. We hope to see him again this week and also when he visits Krasnoyark in September.
We are beginning to feel more and more connected in with Evenki networks.
We certainly needed a restful day after feeling so exhausted yesterday. I'm looking forward to the banya tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment