"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The strike has finally broken

After 11 long days of no hot water in Krasnoyarsk, I have finally broken my strike and taken a hot shower. I was tempted to scab off the strike early on in the piece, when we went to the swimming pool, but their electrically heated water was spent on the pool, so the shower there was cold, and I am a cold water wimp.

The water was supposed to come on yesterday and while some parts of the city got their hot water yesterday, we still had none at midnight last night. I had been so patient the whole ten days and not complained at all, but yesterday after waiting so patiently I was quite disappointed to have my hopes dashed.

This morning when I woke up water was flowing from the taps again, but it was still cold. A couple of hours later it had heated up. Needless to say, I was straight in and had a very slow and cleansing shower.

It makes one appreciate the things of life, that we so often take for granted.

No comments: