"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Friday, May 30, 2008

A closer look at the wildlife

On this same forest walk I got a little close to some of the local wildlife. The squirrels are particularly tame. They don't mind people and only seem to run away when a dog comes close.





This particular squirrel was a bit of a gremlin though. I had just finished teasing Tim that he shouldn't get too close because it might bite him, when the squirrel ran up his leg. I didn't know whether to try to take another photo or help get it off him! Apparently I had sufficiently scared Tim, so he shook it off pretty fast. :)



Woodpeckers are elusive. The closer I get to them, the more they move away. They can move up the trunk of a tree fairly quickly. So I am pretty happy with these shots. I would still get something much better with a 10 times zoom as opposed to the 3 times optical that I currently have.


No comments: