"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Only twenty minutes walk

This week I have continued exploring. Last week on our family walk I pointed down a path and said to Melody, "I wonder where that goes." So on Monday I went and found out. The forest continues to stretch a fair distance here. I walked past all of the buildings and came to the edge of the plateau that Akdemgorodok is on. Looking down was one of the best views I have seen in my time in Russia. (With the exclusion of the majestic Sayan mountains, nothing comes close to that or to Lake Baikal.)




The views over the river and hills were stunning. Down in the river valley there are a bunch of new houses going up. The ultra rich in Krasnoyarsk are starting to build new houses to live in. Sure they are bigger than the average house in Canada or Australia, but in reality not a lot bigger. So for people to have a house and a garden in Russia, it takes a LOT of money.

1 comment:

Baba said...

It must have been great to come across that beautiful view.Also the new homes are an eye opener.