
(The leaves out our bedroom balcony are turning green.)
The weather is really fining up now. I spent some time outside with just a t-shirt today! Twenty degrees and sunny! Praise God. Bring on Summer.
Summer is kind of short in Siberia. The warm weather started about three days ago- on May 9th. It could stay warm until the middle, or if we are really lucky, the end of September. But on average we will get about 4 months of temperatures considered in the warm bracket, that is somewhere between 15-35 C, with plenty of variation in there. The Siberian joke goes something like this: "What did you spend your Summer doing?" to which the second person replies, "Summer? Oh Summer. Well, I had to work that day."
Planning continues for the Kellog reindeer trip. I bought some bus tickets today to get us to the boat on June 9th. The bus will travel 350 kms but it will take 7 hours. How painful, I guess there will be lots of stops along the way. I found out today that Yura bought his plane ticket to get to Krasnoyarsk, which is good news, but that he wants to be somewhere by June 25th, where as we are scheduled to get back here on the 26th. Now I shall try to find a solution for him, if that is possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment