"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.
Friday, May 16, 2008
More signs of life
Russians and Canadians call this Summer. To my mind it is still Spring and it is my favourite time of the year. After so much white and cold it is so good to have colour, warmth and life.
I love these photos - such beauty and delicacy. It's a magical time of year, no wonder all the poets and singers praise it. Dostoevsky wrote something once about the joy of "the little sticky leaves" - a quote I don't know in Russian unfortunately, but I think those in northern climes know exactly what he means.
1 comment:
I love these photos - such beauty and delicacy. It's a magical time of year, no wonder all the poets and singers praise it. Dostoevsky wrote something once about the joy of "the little sticky leaves" - a quote I don't know in Russian unfortunately, but I think those in northern climes know exactly what he means.
Post a Comment