"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Snow sculpture competition

There is a competition for snow sculptures in a park down town in Novosibirsk. These are far more impressive than the ice sculptures. But there is a catch, most of them come from artists from other cities. There was only one from Novosibirsk and I thought that it was not creative enough to merit a photo on the blog. I have selected my finalists. Vote for your winner.



What would you do if you bit into your apple and you found this?


This one is called "Open Heaven." Notice that it is a very Russian interpretation of heaven.


"Christmas." The Baby Jesus is lying in the manger with Angels singing over him.


Transformers. (Joke). This peoplecraft come from Perm, the home of my brother in law.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those snow sculptures are quite impressive. Actually I have enjoyed seeing pictures of ice sculptures as well.
My favourite? "Open Heaven". It seems to have required a lot of artistic skill.
I also liked the Apple. This reminded me of the joke which asks, "What is worse than finding a worm in your apple?"
The answer, "Half a worm"

Anonymous said...

The fine detail in 'Open Heaven', specificly the very Russian heavenly buildings, is impressive. The fact those things are still standing! I assume the snow was packed almost to the point of being ice. I also notice the Christian theme of at least two, possibly al three of your finalists.
Thank you for posting them!

Nathan of Oz