"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ice cream in winter?


An ice cream stand in Canalia would only be open in the Summer right? Well in Russia, they are open the year round. The Russians have a theory that an ice cream is good for warming you up. What ever. Still, I have had one outside in Winter and it still tastes good. My father in law would have no trouble believing he is on holiday here. Dan doesn't carry this same holiday fixation though.
This ice cream stand: closed for a 15 minute break. :)

5 comments:

Lisette said...

The latest thing to hit the streets of melbourne is the ice-cream bar 'Cold Rock'. You pick your ice-cream, the confectionary or fruit you want in it and they smash it all together on a frozen slab of marble. Novel? yes. Expensive? Rather - averages around $5 for a cone (plus...) we visted one that had just opened and I asked the owner (intrigued as I was) how he expected to survive a melbourne winter. He was all optimism as so far business had been just 'rocking' (pun fully intended...) I'll be intrigued to see. However, given the decreasing skepticism regarding global warming, it may well be warm enough in winter anyway!

Janice said...

those are good Lisette. Sounds like the smash ins that one place in Saskatoon sells

Martin said...

I'll have ice cream any time, any day, anywhere! And yes, there are some open in Canada in the winter! (Not the little street-side type as in your photo though.)

Pasha said...

I had written a previous comment, but it disappeared! I wanted to say that "Jerry's" a restaurant in Saskatoon started doing those back in 2002. So, someone came up with the idea somewhere and now people around the world are copying it.
How many "Cold Rock's" are there? Where is the closest one to Mt Waverley?
He should have thought of a winter menu of hot food.... lack of foresight??

Pasha said...

Oh and the prices are quite comparable to Jerry's too.