
Dan arrived on December 28th and will be leaving on January 30th. It has been really great having family with us. I am sure that Abigail believes he is a permanent fixture now.
Dan has had some Russian lessons, and I must say that I am impressed that he has picked up some language well. He could go on with it now if he chose to. He has had the opportunity to explore the city a little by himself. We have also taken him around to see various things: Zoo, Circus, Ice sculptue park, Snow sculptures, Ballet and a couple churches.
Dan has been really impressed with the metro underground system here and how fast we can get into the centre on the train.
We only have 9 days left with Dan now. We were hoping to take him to an older Siberian city, Tomsk, which is about 400 years old. But the train times meant that we would have had to spend two nights in a hotel, and we couldn;t find a cheap one there, so we have given up on that idea. But we will have to take him to Akademgorodok, which is very pretty at all times of the year.

One of the many sights that Dan has seen. The little church which marks the centre of Novosibirsk. It seems that every time I have been there it is closed. It is supposed to be open from 12 pm to 5pm. But on this occasion it was closed at 4:45 pm. These little churches are funny places. While people can go there to pray, they always have a shop right next to the sanctuary. Money changers.....
2 comments:
Thank you, Pasha! Marina and her sister Lena had a good laugh seeing the ballet/opera house and remembering the statues!! Keep warm and praying for you!
You're welcome Ted. Any directions on the former residence, so I can take a phot of that?
Post a Comment