"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Second Christmas

Dan arrived on the 28th, so we had an extra Christmas celebration. We slyly gave him a cute t-shirt that says "Come back to Siberia." Once you get it in your blood....



I found a Turkey at the Holiday Classic supermarket. It was a Turkey like price of 477 rubles. Admittedly it was a lot smaller than the hormone induced North American variety, but I think natural is best anyway. Melody made a stunner of a roast meal, with potatoes and carrots and other vegies, her home made cranberry sauce with nuts was to die for. I asked Melody why she waited the whole year to cook her best meal! Well, it is Christmas after all.



After the rapturous sup I had a very peaceful snooze.



If a second Christmas is not enough, then Russian Orthodox Christmas is on the 7th of January. We won't do anything big, but we may try to attend a service.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could have a lot of fun with the T-shirt idea. Suggestions:
"My future wife is from Siberia."
"Marry Me."
"Single. Rich. Canadian."
"Big Teddy Bear. Free Cuddles."
"Lost. Please find me."
"I licked the ligger."

Anonymous said...

I should think that you could do quite well with the special meals; there's...
1. western Christmas
2. new years
3. orthodox christmas
4. orthodox new years
...let's see, what's next?

Pasha said...

What's next? "I believe they are what is known as the 'mystery days'" -The McKenzie Brothers, 12 days of Christmas.