"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Blast from the past

Here's a blast from the past. A good friend traveled in Russia with me 7 years ago this January. Or I should say that I traveled with him, since he was born in Russia.

Here we are in the city of Perm, where my brother in law comes from.


I have been accused of having a map habit. Here I am traveling on the train back in 2000, calculating distances between cities in Siberia.


I said that I would compare the ice sculpture of Krasnoyarsk with Novosibirsk. I only have a few shots that have been scanned. Remember, we all used prints back in 2000. This sculpture is vastly superior to the Novosibirsk sculptures.


As are these horses. No coins stuck to these works of art.


Enjoying a meal together in the restaurant car on the trans-Siberian railway.


Having some fun in the ice house. Aged 25. But hey, I'm still young at heart and being 32 wouldn't stop me being a clown

3 comments:

Lisette said...

Did you see the ice carriage sculpture outside perm ballet that I sent?

Pasha said...

No, I don't have that picture. Could you send it? Thanks.

Pasha said...

Oops, now I remember, it was on your blog. I forgot you had one!!