On the way to our gathering these kids were playing with their Dad, making a house out of snow blocks. It will also be gone in a few days.

At Rustam and Lena's, where we have our gathering I noticed this cute little bear on their bookshelf. A Canadian Mountie. I asked them where it came from. They used to live in Kyrgyzstan and it came in a Samaritan's Purse Christmas shoe box. Samaritan's Purse no longer operate in Russia for political reasons, but the large local Baptist church do Christmas shoeboxes. The item on the left is a Kirgyz yurt.

The view from Rustam and Lena's. Notice the large playing area, where people are playing soccer. I hope to get a game or two of cricket going when the grass starts growing.

Normally I'd give ten points for a guessing game, but this one is worth 50 pts. Can anyone guess what the item below is?
12 comments:
It looks like a braided bread or noodles, probably tasty too.
Good guess Grandma. I won't tell you the answer yet. I am still hoping to get a few more people to guess. That wouldn't be too hard a comment for people to make would it?
Sorry, braided bread and noodles are both wrong though.
My guess is that it is a sausage of some sort, encased in plaited spaghetti or macaroni.
Good try again. To make it a little easier, I will eliminate the incorrect guesses. There are no meat or wheat products of any sort in this food item.
Others feel free to guess too. Feel free to guess a second time.
is it some sort of seafood platted, eg octupus or something?
I love all these guesses. Good one Sharnelle. No it is not seafood of any kind. Your guess was quite imaginative.
I promise to give the correct answer by the end of the week end. I'm still hoping that more people will guess though.
The only thing I can think of is that it looks like some of the Christmas or spring-time folk art from Scandinavia, made from straw.
ie wreathes, goats, etc.
Wendy J
if it is not meat/seafood and not wheat, that eliminates a whole lot. Now, it could be another type of grain, but I'm going to guess that it is braided roots of some kind... perhaps dandelion?
Nope, it's not straw. It's definitely food.
No, not roots. Different category of food. Once again, though that was a very creative guess.
my first guesses have been taken and proved wrong. I thought noodles or seafood. So, it looks starchy, and definately made- cut and braided and tied. so it must be made of a grain other than wheat, like rice or maybe a bean.
This is the best I can remember of the lost comment I made!!
Post a Comment