We knew that the slides would be taken down at some point. The last time we went was on Friday. Yesterday afternoon we took Abigail down there, but they had been dismantled. Abigail handled herself very well. She did not cry but did display some sadness in her face, along with smiles and "ice slides all gone."
Nevertheless, there are far more many exciting things that come with warmer weather. I am enjoying the warmer weather already. Now we just have to endure a few weeks of slush and dog waste rising to the surface.

I hope that a few more of you have a guess about the item in the previous post. I know that many of you obviously don't like to comment that often. I hope I don't scare you away! :) But it would be a lot of fun if some more of you would have a guess. (I know from my stats that 15 or 20 people read the blog every day.) We don't cook a lot of Russian food ourselves, but we do buy prepared Russian dishes and salads. For a long time we had bought pelmeni from the supermarket. But then we discovered this shop at the local market. There are many prepared items there for sale. The pelmeni is of much higher quality than from the supermarket.

("Pelmeni?" you ask. I have posted about these meat filled dough covered Siberian dumplings in the past. Sorry, no picture today.)
3 comments:
Pelmeni remains my fav Russian food, cooked by my mother-in-law. My wife is hesitant to make it because it is a lot of work...but oh the taste!! Thinking and praying for you guys every day!! -Ted
Little tip- when we were living in Melbourne, we lived in an area with a lot of Chinese people. We went to the local Chinese grocery store where they had a lot of imports. They had packets of round pastry sheets fro making wan tons. The pastry is close to identical to that used for pelmeni. We simply then mixed beef and pork together as the filling. It was fun learning how to wrap the pelmeni the way we remembered from Russia. As soon as they are wrapped it is a good idea to put them in the freezer, they hold their shape better that way.
Then we used sour cream to eat them with. You can often find dill to make a cucumber, tomato and sour cream salad.
I would think that there may be a Chinese grocery store in Kelowna?
Sad for Abigail to see the ice slides go like that - but a sign of spring as you say.
Post a Comment