
Thank you to all those brave souls who have dared to have a guess about the mystery item above! Guesses close at 8pm Krasnoyarsk time (midnight Melbourne time, 7am Saskatchewan time) tomorrow.
Here are some of the imaginative guesses so far:
Grandma Joan guessed:
It looks like a braided bread or noodles, probably tasty too.
Pasha- no is not braided bread or noodles.
ozziewilf guessed:
My guess is that it is a sausage of some sort, encased in plaited spaghetti or macaroni.
Pasha- There are no meat or wheat products of any sort in this food item.
Sharnelle guessed:
Is it some sort of seafood platted, eg octupus or something?
Pasha- No it is not seafood of any kind. Your guess was quite imaginative.
Wendy J guessed:
The only thing I can think of is that it looks like some of the Christmas or spring-time folk art from Scandinavia, made from straw, ie wreathes, goats, etc.
Pasha- good on you Wendy for thinking outside of the box, but it is actually still a food item.
Martin guessed:
If it is not meat/seafood and not wheat, that eliminates a whole lot. Now, it could be another type of grain, but I'm going to guess that it is braided roots of some kind... perhaps dandelion?
Second guess:
Some sort of fruit or vegetable? It looks like celery.
Pasha- No it is not a root, nor a dandelion. It is not any kind of fruit or vegetable.
Janice guessed:
My first guesses have been taken and proved wrong. I thought noodles or seafood. So, it looks starchy, and definately made- cut and braided and tied. so it must be made of a grain other than wheat, like rice or maybe a bean.
Sorry, it is not any kind of grain, not rice, not bean.
So all meats, fruits, vegetables and grains have been eliminated. It's not pizza, chocolate or sweets. How many other food categories are there? You have 24 hours left to take home the prize. :)
New guesses on Sunday 9th:
Janice guessed:
So it must be the stalks of some plant. Have we ever seen this plant?
Pasha: It is not vegetable, therefore it is not plant, You are forgetting an entire category of food, that most of us eat from every day.
Janice: Chocolate?
Pasha: lots of laughter.
Martin guessed:
Perhaps this is some type of homemade cheese?
Pasha: Yes!!! It is cheese, but not home made. We bought it at the shops. It's hand made but commonly found in the supermarket.
It is smoked cheese and very salty. I have to admit that when I looked it, I thought, "what the heck is that?" (Aside from the fact that cheese was written on it.) We took it home and tried it. It was strong. I went back to the shop to buy some beer to have it with. After a little while it was still too strong. I tried melting it in the microwave. It just shrivelled up and went crispy hard and then was impossible to eat. So smoking it, must have sapped most of the moisture out. Fascinating and weird.
Congratulations Martin, 50 pts to you!
Thanks everyone for playing.
6 comments:
so it must be the stalks of some plant. Have we ever seen this plant?
It is not vegetable, therefore it is not plant, You are forgetting an entire category of food, that most of us eat from every day.
perhaps this is some type of homemade cheese
Yes!!! It is cheese, but not home made. We bought it at the shops. It's hand made but commonly found in the supermarket.
Wow! this looks and sounds like one of my favourite cheeses! I think it's cheese from goat's milk, and I like the salty taste with the almost fibrous texture. Enjoy - lukas
Hey Lukas, I'm glad you like it, it was way too strong for me.
Post a Comment