
Insects are not my thing particularly, but a friend in Australia has asked me to keep an eye out for Siberian insects. But as I take the time to look, I am noticing how strange and fascinating is the insect world.
I have no idea what this insect is called, but it looks quite prehistoric. First prize to anybody who can actually work out what it is.
2 comments:
Its a moth.
Good photo!
Well designed camouflage but what does it resemble? Anything specific? Thanks for posting it!
Really? Well it had me fooled then, I thought it was just a stick insect. Melody claims she knew it was a moth, but she never said so, guess I will just have to believe her!
I guess the wings would come out the sticks on the right angle.
To me it resembles a cross? How about you Nathan?
Perhaps it resembles dried out grass.
Post a Comment