
Our move is coming closer. God has opened so many doors for us. Today we booked a truck for Monday. We have sold everything we wanted to: Couch set, Fridge, Washing machine and TV. As you can see the truck is fairly small, but it will fit what we want to take: Small couch/ bed; Children's couch/ bed; small book shelf; desk (table part folds down to make it narrow); foldable table; tv cabinet; cupboard; bags of clothes, books and dishes.
The trip to is only 780 kms on the road. Even accounting for a slower average of 80 km/h (which is correct according to my logistics friend in Moscow) the driver will want 4 hours for stops. That makes for a 14 hour trip. Now if I was not going with the driver that would not be a big deal. But it is necessary that I go with the driver for the security of our possessions. And it is necessary that I bring a friend along for my own peace of mind and to save me from boredom. Now that I will have a friend along (Monty) I am looking at it as an adventure, as I have never been on a long road trip before in Russia, only on trains.
The trucking company have signed a contract saying that they will be responsible for all fees and fines imposed by police along the way, so I won't get stuck for any bribes. The truck will cost 6.9 rubles per kilometre (return trip included, even though I won't be on that one). My guess is that is more expensive than a move in Canalia, but then I have never moved furniture, only suitcases over a long distance.
2 comments:
I bet the truck doesn't look as clean and shiny as that when you arrive! A real Russian road trip. Good luck and enjoy!
Im glad Monty is able to go with you and this seems more of an adventure than a worry. Looks like all the things you have had time to aquire will fit in this. Trust it will all go well
Post a Comment