
As Russia develops franchises from the west are starting to pop up. A Russian company called Rostiks has joined a partnership with KFC and their quality has gone up as a result. European Russia has many Mc Donalds now. None have reached SIberia yet. There is a rumour that when the IKEA and Megamall open in Novosibirsk in November that there will be a Mc Donalds in the megamall. This is a reliable rumour because every Megamall in Russia and Europe has a Mc Donalds.
There is one franchise that exists in Krasnoyarsk that does not in Novosibirsk- Subway. The first time that Subway came to Australia I thought it was a joke. But I grew to love Subway in Australia and Canada. The other day we ate at Subway, and it tasted so good. It must be something that they put in the bread, I guess. Anyway, we will be happy to hang out at Subway in Krasnoyarsk- our own little slice of the west.

Novosibirsk was founded in 1894. Krasnoyarsk was founded in 1628. So it goes without saying that Krasnoyarsk has a bit more Siberian character. Personally I find it to be a much prettier city in so many ways. The buildings are older and have style. The streets are narrower and feel cosy. The city is surrounded by mountains and has plenty of trees. The city government have gone to a lot of effort to make it look beautiful. Krasnoyarsk has the reputation as the city of fountains. This is just one of many, as an example.
P.S- I'm just giving you a heads up. The moving day is next Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment