So we are waiting for more results from blood tests from the doctor. We continue to bide our time in Moscow. Personally I find Moscow to be too big a city (15 million people), far too busy and far too noisy. Today however is Independence Day in Russia (June 12, 1990- the day Boris Yeltsin declared independence from the USSR; a historical quirk as the USSR was not dissolved until December 1991). Many Muscovites have fled the city to go their Dachas (Summer houses), so the city has been a lot quieter today.
We have already seen the Red Square (April) and the Kremlin (Saturday) and have spent a lot of time on the Metro. My brain is a little bit racked as to what else there is to see in Moscow. There are certainly nicer parks here than in Novosibirsk. Today we spent a couple hours in these botanic gardens. It was an enjoyable break from the big bustling city. Enjoy the photos.


2 comments:
I recon' that's a mallard (duck).
If I'm wrong its still edible!
Most of the best photos are on Abigail's blog I see.
Any Tuvan etc. cultural centres or hangouts to visit? Places to visit that may contain otherwise undiscovered history? What about reading first-hand documents or early publications of heros & genuine do-gooders in history? Visiting local congregations & chatting to get an idea of what they can tell is happening, their feel for city & nation?
Research industry via tours of appropriate info centres, etc? What can make indigenous siberian peoples thrive economicly in 2, 5, 20 years time? Check out educational tools & toys?
Find a good book. Maybe a cookbook with ducks!
But whatever you do, keep resting.
I assume you mean, best family pics?
Hmmm, I strongly doubt that, Anyway, we will get to see all of that in Tuva in July. We have asked in book shops here, about Siberian languages.... nothing!!
We will still try to check out some more historical places, it's just that we have been to the most famous ones now.
Had a good chat with the p at th ch we visited. Will do so again on Sunday.
Thanks for your ideas Nathan, we'll see what flies.
Post a Comment