"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Noise pollution

There are new noise pollution laws in Australia, being legislated. I'm not sure if such laws exist in Russia, but I doubt it. If they did exist, then they wouldn't be enforced anyway. I thought the noise was bad in Novosibirsk (people in the streets at all times of night, car alarms constantly going off etcetera) but the levels are five times higher in Moscow. I would quite literally go out of my skull if I lived here. Once you get some of the country side into you, city life has an expiry date. Russian city life, doubly so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This should help you to appreciate the relative quiet of the north when you get there

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on how to leave a comment It worked this time.That makes me happy.