I've stumbled on a couple of blogs belonging to some brave sojourners in the world. Many times in the past I have shared how it is not easy coming to live in another country, another culture, away from family and friends in a language one does not understand and so many other things that make daily life a really huge challenge. One of these things for me has been my ability to let go of my fears and trust in God when it comes to health care in Russia. Without going into it too deeply, I really don't trust the health system here for a myriad of reasons. I felt that first hand last year with my Brucellosis experience, and sometimes I wonder whether that whole experience is even finished (niggling aches and pains at time- or is that just the aging process?).
Some family friends of my family in Canada have a son and daughter in law in Mali. I'll let them tell their story themselves. Suffice it to say, I am extremely blessed, encouraged and deeply moved by their story. There was a moment last year during my testing that the doctor thought I may have had hepatitis C (incurable), it shook me into thinking about how I would trust God through such a challenge. It seems that it was not the challenge God has for my life, perhaps it is just missing warm weather.
Read Tom and Lisa's story here.
Tom and LIsa (strangers to me) are seasoned sojourners. I stumbled upon another blog from some fresher expats, it's fun to read as they go through the challenges of settling into a new country, culture and language.
"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment