
When I get to thinking about the weather, which is quite a lot these days I realise we were in Turkey at this time last year. The weather there was beautiful, every day was sunny and 20-25 degrees, just perfect. On Saturday we had a big dump of snow which was a pain because everything had completely melted before that. The snow has hung around for a while. Today it warmed up to 10 and everything melted really quickly, creating massive puddles and rivers everywhere. It was pretty hard to get home from class without getting wet. Sure makes April a good time for a holiday, it guarantees a fixed date for the end of Winter.
It seems my request for better classes has received a partial stay of execution. I will have two classes per week individually now and the rest with a group. It's too bad that this has only been agreed to with 7 weeks of classes left. Still, I want to make the most of the time remaining here and this is an improvement.
We only have 3 months left in Russia for this term. It's a little hard to believe that we will be moving on soon. Moving is bound to create a time of upheaval in our lives. Russia has become "normal" for us over the last couple of years, even though Australia and Canada are a different kind of normal. It will be confusing for us to know just what is normal in life. I'm not particularly excited about the idea of reverse culture shock, which always hits harder in correlation to the amount of time away and the differences between cultures.
No comments:
Post a Comment