"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Melody!


Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife. I know that there is no way I could live in this land without the steady love of my wife to keep me going. It is very special to have a companion who understands me, my hopes, dreams, successes and failures, especially as I feel so few others do. I could not ask for a better friend to share my life with. I love you Melody!

I'll let her reveal her own age, suffice it to say that we are still on oppositie side of the great 30 divide.

We celebrated with some friends at a Chinese restaurant, and I must say it is the best Chinese food I have ever had... in Russia. Friends then came back for chocolate cake and believe it or not, coffee! Melody told me that she wanted a coffee press for her birthday, not because she plans to drink a lot of it, but because she would like the occasional cup in life. Knowing that her parents drink umpteen cups per (insert time period here), I wonder if she is following them in their footsteps...... ? :( :) !

I know, I may sound like a broken record, but the weather is taking for ever to warm up here. Today it snowed all morning, and the forecast for this week is not particularly warm, with some days still below zero during the day. Mean while, Saskatchewan is now having +15 every day, and are expecting, +20 tomorrow. Not fair, not fair.

No comments: