Spare the analogies in your mind to a clean heart on the inside. What about the foundations hey? That's another analogy worth considering. What is the point in so much money being put into facades when a building will not last the distance?
On our way home from Krasnoyarsk we found ourselves in a new train carriage. And like much of Russia it was not new on the outside, a new coat of paint yes, but not a new train. However I have to say that I think the trains are good quality and do not need to be replaced. The train tracks can be bumpy at times though.
We were pleasantly surprises to spend a night in such a nice train. I found myself thinking "Russia really is a new place, but then much of it is still quite old." It is hard to explain, but there are just moments like this, when you are inside a shop or a cafe or a wealthier persons apartment that you could believe you are in a western developed country, but then you only have to step outside to realise that this is very far from the truth. Enough of my meanderings.

1 comment:
I can totally understand what youa re thinking. It's nothing short of bizarre. I still think it's the land of the paradox.
Post a Comment