
Melody and I went on a long walk yesterday trying to find a particular second hand shop. It’s funny how a simple activity can often turn into an adventure in Russia. Only a few blocks behind some of the biggest shops and the more developed area here the landscape begins to rapidly change. Very suddenly the shape of the buildings detriorate into forms from decades earlier. It’s like walking from the 1950s in to the 1890s.
The buildings are old and wooden and look like they are falling apart. Yet people still live in them and I begin to realise that there is so much I so not understand about this country. I have seen such buildings in the villages but not in what I considered to be a built up and relatively modern city.
2 comments:
I wonder if your realization that "there is so much you dont understand ..."is what God wanted you to see on that day. He gave you the passion for this country and there are likely many things yet for you to see that break His fathers heart. The journey has only begun......
So has Melody baked any cookies to take to those residents yet? I bet between those and Abigail, she would have some open doors!
Post a Comment