"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Garage sale anyone?


We have been fitting out our apartment. The previous tenant was the son of the land lady. He left an old table in the kitchen. We used it for a while. The land lady had a neighbour who wanted the table. So the landlady and I carried it down stairs and left it out the front of the building. The neighbour was going to pick it up in their car. I guess they took too long. The next morning I woke up and looked out the window to see the table smashed apart. It must have been the drunken party that gathers every night in the court yard. I was flabbergasted. Collective wealth means nothing in society if you destroy it.

No comments: