The circus has been in town for the last month. We promised Abigail that if she earned enough stickers that we would take her. It's a good thing she realised how long it took her to earn a sheet of 25 stickers, because the tickets were 500 rubles each. I can't remember for certain, but it feels like tickets a few years ago were only 200-300 rubles. All up that was $50 for the family. (The same experience in Melbourne would have cost us $111, so I can't complain too much I guess.)
I certainly enjoyed the circus, but it was most satisfying to see Abigail enjoy herself, and to watch PJ stare in confusion and amazement. His conclusion was to try wriggle away and climb down there to join in. He has absolutely no fear.
There were two white tigers in the second half. I enjoyed them, but not as much as the twelve orange tigers in Novosibirsk back in 2007. (For that nostalgic visit go here: http://wakinginsiberia.blogspot.com/2007/01/circus.html The comments show that we paid $12 a ticket, which back then was 240 rubles, so the prices have doubles in four years.)
At the start of the show I was happily clicking away. I stopped after getting a verbal scolding a few times. Apparently cameras interrupt the performance. I could believe this if there were not strobe lighting and the like in the show, when in reality a flash on a camera is quite small. So alas, no pictures of the tigers.
I certainly enjoyed the circus, but it was most satisfying to see Abigail enjoy herself, and to watch PJ stare in confusion and amazement. His conclusion was to try wriggle away and climb down there to join in. He has absolutely no fear.
There were two white tigers in the second half. I enjoyed them, but not as much as the twelve orange tigers in Novosibirsk back in 2007. (For that nostalgic visit go here: http://wakinginsiberia.blogspot.com/2007/01/circus.html The comments show that we paid $12 a ticket, which back then was 240 rubles, so the prices have doubles in four years.)
At the start of the show I was happily clicking away. I stopped after getting a verbal scolding a few times. Apparently cameras interrupt the performance. I could believe this if there were not strobe lighting and the like in the show, when in reality a flash on a camera is quite small. So alas, no pictures of the tigers.













No comments:
Post a Comment