The past week we have had a number of warmer sunny days. On Saturday we even had 22C! As it's still April, that's a little early to be getting such warm weather, so it's a real bonus. Today is 14C and sunny, and it is supposed to get to 26C on Friday. Wow, what a Summer's day that will be.
A precipitation chart for Krasnoyarsk will show you that there is much more precipitation in the Summer than the Winter. After all, the plants don't need it in the Winter. The snow has all melted now (these pics are a few days old) and now the large puddles are even starting to dry up. The rainiest month of the year in Krasnoyarsk is actually July (also the hottest month).
So we had Spring of Light (February 20th to March 20th), then Spring of Water (March 20th to April 10th) and now Spring of Flowers is just starting. (These dates can vary from year to year, but Spring of Light always starts at the same time, when the sun gets above 23.5 degrees.)
Spring of Flowers is my absolute favourite time of year and I don't want to miss a thing. When the weather gets warm I feel guilty if I am inside. The warm sunshine is just such a blessing. Now I am waiting in anticipation for everything to start budding. It all happens very quickly from day to day.
Here are some early signs of green beginning to show and the earliest buds forming.



No comments:
Post a Comment