This past week we attended the 7th partnership conference for workers among Siberian peoples. The last conference we attended personally was in 2007 in Irkutsk, which was attended by over 40 people, with one third indigenous peoples. Unfortunately this conference was attended by far less, with only one indigenous person present. It was still a valuable time, and the setting was very pretty. I presented on endangered languages, orality and story telling. People appreciated my presentations, so that's nice. :)
We had some snow while at the tourbaza (a rustic type private tourist resort with cabins). Apparently no snow fell in Krasnoyarsk while we were away. The snow didn't stay on the ground all day, but it sure was pretty. I think I'm psychologically ready for Winter to come. I wonder if I am ready for how long it will be though....























1 comment:
wonderful photos! I think that the countryside there is much nicer than the city. I'd be interested to hear more about the conference (by phone).
Post a Comment