"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Friday, October 22, 2010

The first real snow is here

There has been a little snow fall already this October, but the first serious snow arrived today. It snowed over night and did not stop until this evening. There will be some warmer weather coming again though (the next 8 days are forecast above zero), so all of this snow will melt. Abigail naturally loved it, and I always enjoy the first snow for the year. It's some time in February that I get sick of the snow.

The last couple days I have taken to taking my swim early in the morning. Leaving in the dark 'aint my cup of tea, but having the rest of the day to get other stuff done is.

My regular walk to classes. I have taken shots at this same spot throughout the year for comparison.  There were a couple of points where I felt a little lost, not knowing where the path was. But when I discovered it I knew I was going the right way. I had been concerned that my route through the forest may be uncommon, but there seemed to be enough foot tracks enroute.

A couple of Kamaz truck snow ploughs. Will the city have enough of them this Winter?

First day of snow is always fun for the kids, young and old.

Hope you've got yourself a good brush and scraper.

These berries amaze me, they are the only thing that starts growing in Winter. As far as I know only birds eat them, not people.




Fresh bread.

No comments: