It's turning out to be a gentle transition to Winter for our first time back in Siberia in a couple years. The snow stayed on the ground for the first time this year but was gone by the afternoon.
Our schedule has settled down, but will likely have more changes. Things rarely stay the same in Russia. We were excited to be back into our Evenki learning on Saturday. It was our first lesson in two months. It felt great to be back at it, and so right. It was nice to see Katya too. We were connecting and sharing valuable stories with one another.
Today some of our Evenki friends came around to our house. Melody spent a couple hours helping Sveta with her English studies. I had some interesting conversation with her mother and aunt about Evenki culture. They were quite curious as to why I had come to live here and was interested in the Evenki people. I enjoyed telling them this story..... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment