DDT have been a mainstay rock band in Russia since the 1980s. They are one of the few groups to cross over in success from Soviet times and in to the 21st century. That makes them quite unique, and famous. Even if certain politicians claim they have never heard of them.
I enjoyed at least half of the songs. Yuri Shevchuk's voice is getting a bit tired, so when they play hard rock songs he ends up shouting the words, which is not enjoyable. But when they played traditional folk style music I really enjoyed it. Some of the songs were more popular with the crowd, showing that not all are familiar with the newer material. The song below is called "Autumn" and was a hit on the night.
Some 10,000 people turned out to Lokomotiv stadium to watch the show. This is the largest event of any kind I have attended in Siberia, so it does indicate a high level of popularity.
No comments:
Post a Comment