Sometimes I lament the fact that far less people read my blog than used to. Most of my friends seem to be hiding in facebook land. Sometimes I am tempted to start up a new account for the purposes of advertising my blog to my friends. Then I rethink it when I realise how much time I would waste on triviality in facebook land. I am happier to be in a quiet place, moving forward with God's plans for my life. The need to have everybody know about things has decreased for me.
Melody and I finally had a date together for the first time since arriving in Russia. Anya and Sveta who we have Evenki lessons with agreed to do the babysitting job together. It was the first time they had ever done anything like it. Anya is the youngest in her family, Sveta is an only child. I think we are so used to kids being everywhere in the body of Christ that we take it for granted. So babysitting was a good thing for these girls to do. We got home in time to put the kids to bed ourselves so as not to put pressure on the girls the first time they baby sat. They were introduced to the breadth of the family of God. I hope it was a blessing for them, I think it was.
The above photo is the New York Cafe, part of a new complex of restaurants next door to the Krasnoyarsk Hotel. We had a coffee there before going to the German restaurant downstairs. There is a Thai restaurant already open and an Argentinian one coming.
The last time this rather massive pot hole formed near our house I ignored it. Hey, these things happen ya know. Some locals put a big piece of wood in it to warn people not to drive there. A few weeks later it was "repaired". It was a band aid solution though. The sink hole beneath it has caused the pot hole to come back. It reminds me of a Corner Gas episode, where the people of Dog River objected to having a pot hole filled in, so some people went and dug it out again. :) What the?
...a butterfly on a flower in the forest...
Scott and Jocelyn are visiting us for a few days. Jocelyn is from Oz and Scott lived in Tuva. Jocelyn took the photo, hey, I'm in one for a change. (Go Tiges!!)




3 comments:
Don't worry, I'm reading.
There's a Russian film made in St Petersburg that is basically a film of a pothole in the street outside the film maker's flat - how it gets fixed and then breaks open again, how they come to fix it and cordon off the street and then do nothing, how it fills up with snow in winter and water in summer. A surprisingly lovely, wistful film.
Glad to hear you are enjoying Russia. The cafe looks pretty swanky.
Enjoy reading your comments.keep up the good work.The cafe looks very modern and a contemporary style.A beautiful photo of the butterfly and flower.
Say hello to Jocelyn and Scott for me as remember seeing them in Melbourne.It must be good catching up with them in again.
Post a Comment