I have no idea what this beetle is, but it's green, it's big and it's bright and I've never seen anything like it in Australia.
One of the things I like about Krasnoyarsk is that there are lots of views of the river and hills around the city. I just love trees and hills.
We caught up with our old friend Lena yesterday. Rustam and Lena used to live in Krasnoyarsk and were on our team. They now live in a village up north. Lena was on her way to a job in Tuva. She is an ecologist. We hope to spend more time with Rustam and Lena later in August.
Hanging out at the train station makes me want to get on a train. But really, I'm very happy to not be traveling right now.
Yep, we are living in the post-soviet era, with post soviet graffiti.






1 comment:
the beetle looks a lot like our Christmas beetle (example at this link)
http://www.lifewellspent.com/TRAVEL/AUSTRALIA/Ozupdate/Dec6-31Queensland.htm
Wonder if it's the same or just related? Not sure of the size difference...
Post a Comment