"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

We're nearly 6

During our time in Russia we managed to celebrate our anniversary twice, each time for the evening. We would love to have gone away for a night, but this was difficult to do. But here in Canada we were able to leave Abigail with Grandma for a night.

There is a little spot up north that is special to Melody and me. It is the place where we got engaged. So we went back for a night and stayed in a cabin and ate at the quiet and cosy restaurant called "Snail's Pace cafe."

Our cabin for the night. Even though the weather was nice, the season is officially over and things were very peaceful and quiet.


The Snail's Pace cafe. There were only five other people eating in the restaurant at the same time as us.


The lake that I proposed by.


Six years on and still very much in love.


When I saw Australian lamb on the menu I could not pass it up. The chance to combine it with wild rice was a unique opportunity. Wild rice is not available in Australia as far as I know. It's very hard to cook well, and we actually had it at our wedding.


The breakfast view from our cabin.


Our anniversary is actually October 12th.

5 comments:

Sue-Ann said...

Again, lovely pictures of a very beautiful spot. There is something very beautiful and bittersweet about fine September weather and I'm glad you are able to enjoy it. I've come to think that knowing a country and feeling at home somewhere comes first and foremost through the coming to know the landscape, the flora and fauna and the nuances of the seasons in that particular place. It's hard work when you move around alot, but it's a very enriching experience I think. Happy anniversary. (we just passed the nine year mark!)

Pasha said...

Thanks Sue Ann. What's your email?

Lisette said...

you can buy wild rice - just have to look a little. Some big supermarkets have it, but mostly in health food/organic shops.
Looks interesting. Can't say I've tried it myself

Sue-Ann said...

Wild rice is very good and tasty, although it always seems to take longer to cook than it says on the packet.

my email is sueannjane@yahoo.com

Hope all is well as you prepare to move again...

Pasha said...

Wild rice is apparently quite difficult to do well and takes a lot of experience. Go with your experience over the instructions!