"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ouch, the stress

No photos today. That's right, I haven't even taken the camera with me much recently. In fact on Sunday I was super depressed. Thankfully, God brought me through a speaking engagement at a church in the evening. On Monday morning we left for Yorkton, a 4.5 hour drive to visit some friends. I was so down that I didn't even take my Tuvan mouth harp with me.

Why? Well, I won't go into details here, because it wouldn't be really easy for some of the people involved. But, in short, we have been having a VERY stressful time with family. I would even go so far as to say that the stress has been worse than anything that we experienced in Russia. Ouch. But, I'm just being honest. It has been getting to Melody and I quite a lot. I have felt the physical effects of this stress. On many occasions we have just wanted to run away to Australia, but we have been fighting through the situation as best we know how. How's that for reverse culture shock! Please remember to pray for us, we really need it right now. I have blocked out October 27th to November 8th for us to have a holiday away from everything. We are thinking of going to Tasmania and retreating into the wilderness. I better remember to take the camera with me though in case we see a Tasmanian Tiger! I think I'm going to need more optical zoom too. :)

We have been at friends the last couple days in Yorkton and I must say it has been a welcome relief. Chris and Christine have played wonderful hosts. I have enjoyed playing both Australian and Canadian football with Chris and another friend Scott. We have also enjoyed a couple of new board games (for us), "Carcassone" and "Ticket to Ride".

This morning we had the opportunity to give a radio interview. It will air a little later in October and you can listen on line. More details to follow at a later date. I was feeling a little more fired up and wished that I had my Tuvan mouth harp with me! It would have made for really good radio.

We have two more weeks in Canada. Then we will travel via Singapore for a couple days on the way before arriving in Melbourne on October 6th. The first three Sundays we have speaking engagements. That holiday is looking really good right now.

1 comment:

Sue-Ann said...

Hey! I wrote a comment on your post about the camping trip and then somehow it disappeared and I couldn't bring myself to write it all out again...it was something along the lines of, how ace to find such a lovely peaceful place. And that camping in Australia is great because you CAN pretty much guarantee the weather, and there'll be loads of lovely spots near Kangaroo Ground. You'll really enjoy the bush there.
Hmmm, sounds a bit rough at the moment. Lots of factors contributing I guess. Take it easy on yourselves and remember that really, everything is alright. You only need to take one day at a time, make time for Abigail, yourselves, and each other. Enjoy the autumn colours. Read good books. Listen to good music. have some kind of little project going that gives you something to do - writing, blogging, reading in Russian, learning to knit, I don't know, whatever, just something to carry around with you and in your head as well.
When you have left you will miss people, so be gentle.
I'm thinking of you....