"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Time flies: End of the week again


Ah, the joys of day to day life, when nothing seriously eventful happens. Such has this week been. I have started to settle down into my classes. Although I don't get the attention that single tuition would afford, I have to admit that the classes are still satisfactory. Some how a group of students staring at a teacher forces the teacher to prepare more. The over all content has therefore been more interesting.
It is hard to believe that we only have 5 months before we leave the country. It is right about this time, that in many ways we are really starting to settle down into "normal life" (post culture shock- adaptation stage). Language is starting to flow. Work and team are falling nicely into place. But I have always had a big picture view of our place in Siberia. I have been looking in this direction for more than half my life now. Siberia is a big part of who I am as a person. So I realise that when we are going away for a season, that it will only benefit us more in the long term when we return a little later on.
One of the highlights of the week is always our student club. Attendance was light this week, but such opportunities always mean more intimacy. I'm always into the mustard seed principle. From little things, big things grow.
There was a bit of an Australian theme tonight: fair dinkum fish n' chips, complete with potato cakes.

2 comments:

Sue-Ann said...

I love your map on the wall.

Baba said...

Yes, time is going quickly and you will soon be spending time with family and friends in Canada and Australia.We will all be looking forward to catching up once again.In a few months you will be eating fish n chips in Aussie land.