"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Novosibirsk photo album January 2008

With my reflections aside let me show you a little of our trip. I didn't take a lot of photos for a couple reasons- everything was so familiar and I was depressed as I mentioned in my last post. (I am very happy to be home though.)

All aboard in Krasnoyarsk on Tuesday night.


We thought that Vadim and Maria were in Austria having their baby. Aidys told me that no, they had the baby in Russia. So we excitedly trundled off to see them. How remiss of me to not get a full family pic in.


Outer suburban Orthodox church, We were stuck at the bus stop here, with Abigail. The buses were simply too crowded to get on with a small child at peak hour. We managed to flag down a taxi.


Two things that Novosibirsk has that Krasnoyarsk does not: 1) An underground Metro, which makes transport very easy. (Krasnoyarsk has had one under construction for many years, and maybe it will never be completed.) 2) A new IKEA/ Mega Family Shopping Centre. We checked out the Mega centre on Friday morning. There is a French based Hypermarket called "Ashan." Their prices are the cheapest I have ever seen in Russia. They are comparable to Canadian prices. I have heard that such a complex is under construction in Krasnoyarsk. But we would need a car to take advantage of it.



Our family with Lena, our Russian language teacher from Novo.


Me and Aidys.


Some of the girls at Zhivaya. Shoranna, Melody and Abigail, Sarah, Choiganna, Galya.


Abigail, Choiganna and Melody.


Our time in Novo brought some closure for me. This was timely because on Wednesday evening I am taking off with some others from the team to Tuva. I'm kind of tired of traveling (we did an awful lot last year), but this will be a very valuable trip. I will be away for 6 days altogether. Melody and Abigail will stay home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to see the maturing in wisdom and understanding that I see in your remarks. I pray that you will continue to grow in wisdom and understanding so that you will be the man needed for the situations you will meet as you work for the master.

Lisette said...

I can totally relate to not taking a child on a peak hour bus after my expreience with nearly losing Sasha on one of them becasue we were being separated by the throng (SCARY!). Nice to see some more photos of people you know. All the best for your trip.