The International Office did not even make any arrangements to introduce me to any of the teachers. Thankfully, a Canadian girl who has already studied there was able to help me. We visited the faculty (a half hour walk from the International Office), but none of the teachers were in. I came back the next day and met with the Dean who promised to arrange a time table for me by Friday, so I could start on Monday. The Dean was very friendly, especially considering that she had no warning that I was coming. Apparently this is quite normal, that the International Office did not tell her.
Thursday, back to the International Office to hand in the contract, photos and copy of our rental contract. I was expecting to pay the fees for the semester, but I found out I can not do this until the Rector of the University signs my contract. Friday, back to the Faculty, but the lady who is arranging my timetable was not in at all that day. So I guess I am not starting tomorrow, hopefully I will get my time table and be able to pay my fees, but this may be a touch optimistic. It would be nice to start my classes soon. Perhaps Tuesday.....
I take a 10 minute walk through this forest from our flat to where my classes will be held.
1 comment:
Such a beautiful little wood - what a great way to get to uni - no metro, no trolley bus, no rickety bus with ice encrusted on the back window!! Good luck with sorting out classes etc, if you turn up often enough someone will find womewhere for you to be :-)
Post a Comment