
I have a hard time convincing people that Siberia is not a frozen wasteland.
For the last three weeks we have had consistent weather above 30 C. There is so much concrete and brick in this city. Things do not cool down very slowly. At 9:30 last night it was still 29 C. It just doesn't cool down much over night. When a thunder storm does come it only makes it more humid and it is still really hot the next day.
Siberia is HOT in the Summer time and COLD in the Winter time. I am not denying it can get cold here, but it also gets very hot. We are getting quite exhausted and find it hard to concentrate.
There you go.
Siberia is hot!
3 comments:
I guess I shouldn't complain about our mid to low 30's then. Feel for you.
It's hard to imagine hot when you're cold, hard to imagine cold when you're hot. I think that's why the first snow is so exciting, because the long winter hasn't yet set in and it's so beautiful when everything is grey.
Funny about the temps though. I have Novosibirsk weather on my home page and I don't think I've seen it hit 30 once. That might be a common thing?!? Remember when I was in Russia and telling you how cold it was, and you said that your computer was telling you it wasn't that cold? Not sure who's getting their reading's from where!! Whatever, when those thick aparment walls heat up, it can be stinking hot and there's no relief. Hard to fathom needing air-conditioning in Siberia, or anywhere in Russia for that matter - but like you say, it isn't just a frozen wasteland...
I'll send you some of our winter - can you believe we've been having 8 degrees or less every morning for the last month or so - sometimes zero!
Unrelenting heat in close quarters without airconditioning or green grass and shade or a beach....remember half of what you hear and most of what you feel is just the heat. I find it real easy to lose my temper and courage and perspective. Maybe even wish I could lose my child if she is clingy and whineing. I will be praying for you.
Post a Comment