"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Konstantin Sergeivich


On my first day at Tabor College in 1997 I sat in a group of students and we all explained why were studying at a bible college. I explained that I wanted to go to Siberia. Someone in my group said "there is someone here starting today who is from Siberia." I found this a bit hard to believe. True enough Kostya had come to study theology for three years. A little over a year later I traveled to Siberia with Kostya and Mark, also from Tabor. We spent a month in Krasnoyarsk and I had my first taste of Russian culture. It was God who first opened the doors, but he used Kostya to turn the key.
This week we are staying with Kostya and his wife and daughter for a week's holiday in Krasnoyarsk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Kostya.