As we sat on the rocks by the sea Melody spotted an eagle flying over the water. We watched as it soared back and forth. I didn't have my camera with me. I wasn't going to run back to the car and miss enjoying the live moment before my eyes, so I just sat there and watched.
After watching the eagle fly for a while it decided to perch itself in this mostly naked tree. It became apparent that it was not moving, so I promptly walked back to the car and dug out my camera, putting on the zoom lens. I had enough time to shoot the eagle perching. Again I realised that I could really use more zoom than I have, 250mm (is there ever enough zoom?).
After a few shots it flew off, and I managed to chase it across the sky. I thought these shots were fairly decent until I googled "bald eagle". Hey if you want to be a National Geographic photographer you probably need far superior equipment to what I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment