After a slow and extremely cool April, which rarely got above 10 degrees, Spring of Flowers has finally arrived! Today was a very pleasant 23 degrees, tomorrow 25 and Sunday 26 degrees. We knew the warm weather was coming, so we just had to plan a picnic at our favourite spot.
When the warm weather comes Siberia wastes no time in greening up. This flower (a crocus, thanks to my Saskatchewanian wife) sprang up today. Now, that is what I call "spring". Abigail spotted it first and I let out a huge "wow"! I never fail to get excited by Spring!
Our Sakha friends couldn't miss the first day of warm weather either. From left- Melody, Tanya, Sasha, Dunya, Michil, Ayina, Kolya, Afonya, Abigail and PJ, me behind the lens.
1 comment:
Hi!
Thanks for your blog! It's been quite a long time since I read it last time, but now we wanted to see how and where you are. I hope everything is OK with you. Guess you're already looking forward to travelling to Canada. We'll get our visa invitations on Friday and, I think, in three weeks we'll be back in Krasnoyarsk. Say hello to Abigail and PJ especially from Helmi! Izvinite, chto ya plokho govoryu i pishu po-angliiskiy!
S Bogom!
Susanna, Pohjanmaa, Finland
Post a Comment