"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A wolf up close and more

Here's a few extras from our recent trip.
The taxi driver had just dropped us off at the train station. The BAM line really is remote and surrounded by untouched Taiga forest. To our surprise there was a young wolf sitting on the train tracks. My good camera was buried in my backpack. The best I could do was to whip out the iPhone and video it. There's only a few seconds though. By the time I then dug out my Canon the wolf decided to start walking away. I only got his back from a distance.






Sometimes I wish I had a good wide angle lens for taking panorama shots. But lenses are expensive and make for more bulk to carry. Better than stitching photos together is taking a 360 degree panorama with the video function on the phone!



And the last tidbit is this beetle, for all you insect lovers out there.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Thanks for posting these and the train travel videos Paul. Its great to get the feel of your recent trip.