"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Friday, March 30, 2012

38.


Life has been quite routine this year. There have not been a lot of eventful things happening. This might be a little boring for readers, but it is pretty good from a stability-wise perspective. The fact is that we have been putting our heads down and going about life- plenty of discipleship relationships, teaching English, taking kids to educational activities and getting to know our neighbours.
This is probably reflected in my birthday celebration. I had wanted to organise something with friends. Melody and I decided we would have a joint picnic for the two of our birthdays in April, but the weather just didn't warm up enough.
On the day we ended up having our Evenki friends from up north staying with us. Melody made sushi, which was delicious of course. Abigail came up with the bright idea of making my cake like a footy. A quiet celebration, but that is all pretty normal for 38 I guess. I still like to party and hope to do that again in the future!


No comments: